Google has been releasing it’s new marketing product called Local Services by Google AKA Google Guarantee Program as most people like to call.
Why should you care about Google Guarantee?
- Pay-per-lead vs of pay-per-click: The program has been rolling out with a much more attractive model in which the advertiser pays only for valid leads versus paying for every click, which is the current Google Ads model.
- Visibility: The Ads are shown above the Google Ads taking prime position in the search results. Business that have not qualified for this program have seen a decrease of overall business by as much as 45%.
- Guaranteed by Google: The Google Guarantee badge is displayed along with your business name as well as being backed by Google with a $2000 lifetime coverage for claims if your customers are not happy with the quality of the services.
Who can apply to become Google Guaranteed and take advantage of the local services ads?
According to a Google Local Services representative, as of September 2019, Google had opened the local services program nationally for home related services and few other industries including:
- Garage Door
- Air Duct Cleaner
- Appliance Repair Service
- Auto Glass Service
- Auto Service Technician
- Carpet Cleaner
- Event Planner
- Home Improvement Pro
- House Cleaner
- Junk Removal Provider
- Lawn Care Provider
- Pest Control Technician
- Pet Care Provider
- Pet Groomer
- Roadside Assistance Service
- Tree Service Provider
- Upholstery Cleaner
- Water Damage Service Provider
- Window Cleaner
- Window Service Provider
Other industries were added but removed until further notice without explanation or confirmation that they will be added again, according to internal sources.
Becoming Google Guaranteed
The first step is to fill out the eligibility form. If you are eligible Google local services specialists will follow up to conduct the screening and qualification process where advertisers are asked to provide proof which shows you are up-to-date with your license, have general liability insurance and related professional licenses.
Setting Up Your Google Guarantee Campaign
Once you are approved, you’ll have access to the dashboard where you can setup:
- Your budget
- Job types
- Business hours
- Service areas
How Long Can the Process Take?
We have seen the Google Guarantee process take as little as a month, and as long as six to eight months.
Contact the Google Guarantee Onboarding Team
You can contact the Local Services by Google onboarding team at 833-272-1444.